Saturday, March 1, 2014

Professional Hopes and Goals

Professional Hopes and Goals

My hope and aspirations would be to provide a platform that will give children a good learning foundation no matter their ethnicity, religion, abilities, or non-abilities, or social class.  I will strive for the children who enter any program that I am associated with to see each other as the same.  I do think that it is important to make parents well aware of my program and its goals.  I would hope that this will get more parents on board to supporting my efforts and I will not have as much push back.




I would hope that all early childhood programs abide by the same teachings when it comes to diversity, equity, and social justice.  If we truly want to create a country without social biases we need to all be on the same page.  I do think that childhood professionals should take workshops and confidential assessments to make sure that they aware of their own biases.  Teachers are human too and sometimes need a reminder of their mission and goals.



I would love to thank all of my colleagues for being so engaging and willing to share their very personal stories and experiences.  I do think that we all have had a chance to grow and better ourselves for our present and future journey!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you when you talk about getting all early childhood schools on the same page. It is hard to do that when you hear of certain kids not being allowed in because of their race or how much money they do or do not make. I hope the same things that you do, that we can all just accept people the way they are.

    ReplyDelete