Saturday, March 22, 2014

Adapting to different ways to Communicate

Adapting to different ways to Communicate

I think that it is human nature to adapt the way you communicate to fit with different groups and cultures.  A person adapting the way they communicate with different cultures and groups is an effective way to communicate.  A teaching professional would not speak to a child the way they would speak to a child’s parents.
Another good example would be the way many of my company’s marketing and sells department communicates with the associates in the warehouse verses the CFO’s and other executives.  Our sells department wears jeans and have a laid back approach when visiting the warehouses to market a product.  The same sell professionals dress in suits and they take a more formal approach when speaking to the CFO’s and executives. 
The way I speak to my parents differs from the way I speak with my family.  I tend to use more slang and animation when speaking to my friends.  My parents will often get a filtered version of a story verse the story that I will tell my friends.
I will try to apply the platinum rule whenever possible.  I will definitely put great efforts towards putting my shoes in the other person’s shoes.  A person challenging themselves to be learn and understand about different cultures.  This will help them not be guilty of culture myopia.
We are used to adults and children interacting in a certain manner.  In most cases when someone speaks in a manner that is not acceptable it taken in an unpleasant way.

Listen Linda-A little boy tries to convenience his mother to give him a cupcake!

http://pix11.com/2014/03/19/little-boy-who-argued-with-mom-for-cupcakes-gets-major-surprise-from-ellen/#axzz2wkZ7wDy7


No comments:

Post a Comment