Saturday, March 8, 2014

Model of A Good Communicator!

Model of A Good Communicator

Good communication is key to most successful relationships; rather it be on a professional or personal level.  My senior director is one of the best communicators I know.  He comes straight out and ask you for what he needs.  When you have an issue he listens completely before he responds.  Rodger will take your concern into consideration no matter how small or big your request is.  The key to a good communicator is to give someone your complete attention, good eye contact, encouraging non-verbal gestures, and respect.   
One thing that I can definitely learn from Rodger is to let people finish.  Yes!!!  I can be one of those kind of people.  If someone says something that triggers a thought of my own; I end up interrupting them.  If I am not letting a person finish then I am not giving them a chance to get their whole idea of across.  I am going to strive to let Rodger be more of an influence on me when it comes to effective communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment