Saturday, April 12, 2014

It's A Wrap...Adjourned


Adjourning

I was a part of this radio blog show.  I absolutely loved it.  We had to come up with our own program.  This consisted of the content of the show.  We had map out when we would go to a commercial and introduce new speakers.  The main host who paid for the radio blog spot ended up relocating and chose to discontinue her show.  It was sad to see her go and our team of personalities go their separate ways.  We celebrated with pizza and snacks and a very “racy” last show.  Our intentions were to keep and touch, but that didn’t happen.  A couple of us are still Facebook friends but we do not really interact.

The adjourning stage to my current master’s program and my colleagues will be bitter sweet.  I will be happy to have completed another mile stone in my life.  However I will not be able to interact with my colleagues.  Due to the nature of our interactions being online there is not a huge personal bond.  We are not in the position to share jokes or be in funny situations with one another.  It is refreshing to see familiar names from course to course but that and our post is all we really have. Although there is a professional bond.  There is also the curiosity about everyone’s future.  I wonder who will achieve their professional goals, how these courses will shape us as educational professionals.  Best of all what will be each our great contribution to the field of early education.

4 comments:

  1. Sherry,
    Bittersweet is an appropriate word to describe this educational journey when it comes to an end. Everyone comes from varied backgrounds and we impact and influence each other in ways we did not expect. The radio blog you were a part of probably valued the talents of each member of your team. Even though you do not all keep in touch, I bet each and every one remembers that experience. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The radio blog show sounds really fun Sherri! I am sure it was hard to say goodbye to that group. We sometimes thing that we are committed to stay in touch when our lives move on in different directions, but it is difficult. Our lives are richer for having had the experiences and relationships. It will be interesting to see how we all move on from Walden and hopefully we will at lease see each others names at some point and be able say, "I remember...". I think the personal relationships are even less likely to happen in virtual classes than they would be if we had been in a face to face program. I have found, though, that I run into people I have met professionally throughout the country over the years and it is very exciting to reconnect and work together again. -- It will be interesting to see what closure or adjourning looks like for Walden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry,
    Your radio blog sounds like it was an excellent project that was alot of fun. I feel like the relationships between all of us as colleagues is also pretty impersonal because what we know about one another we only learn through assignments and we don't get to share face to face experiences. However I too think that it will be bittersweet when the program comes to an end I will miss the insights of others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry I have enjoyed reading your lively posts and know that you will have much to contribute to the field of early childhood education. I hope that the remainder of your journey is smooth and that your dreams for a fulfilling career with young children down in Georgia come true! -Susan

    ReplyDelete