Saturday, July 13, 2013

Relationship Reflection

Relationship Reflection

It’s important to me to have trusty worthy people in my life.  I tend to be a very social person.  I have people in my life that make me smile every time they look at me.  I have those who motivate me, those who love me, and those who always have my back and best interest at heart.

My parents have always been there for me.  They thought my siblings and I to always work hard for the things that we want but always assured us they were there if we needed them.

Melissa is one of my oldest friends.  We grew up together.  She was my first business partner. We use to have a weekly lemonade stand.  I was the one who always came up with our daily adventures and Melissa was always there to see our mission through.  We were inseparable. We have been friends for 30 years now.  We don't speak everyday but love each other like sisters. 




My niece and nephews make me strive to be a better person.  I want them to grow up to be loving and generous people.  So I try to lead by example.  I encourage my niece to always give back and serve.  We have done several community service programs together.  I will keep the tradition going with my nephews and my own kids when I have them






My boyfriend also motivates me professional.  He is on the road to being very successful and I want to make sure I’m not far behind.  He’s there to support me emotionally.  No matter how stressful my day is he always makes it better.  Of course like any relationship we have disagreements.  I have found that good communication and compromise is what keeps us going.





.
This is my sister and my Aunt "Mom."  My immediate family also consist of my Uncle "Dad" and my brother.

 

My doggie Remmi!



I had a lot to do with the early development of my niece.  Clarice use to be my little shadow.  My parents bought “Hooked on Phonics” for her and I use to work with her every day at the age of three.  We worked with letter and sounds.  Now she is attending Rochester Institute of Technology in the fall.  Clarice had her pick at any college she wanted to go to.  I’m proud to be her auntie.  She has always looked up to me and is even choosing to pledge the sorority I pledged!  I would like to continue to educate and make good impressions on children.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Sherry, communication is the main glue of any relationship. Without it, you will not be understood or will you understand anything. It is only by communicating are you able to bridge the gap. Keep the lines open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri, knowing people have your best interest at heart is a good feeling. Communication is key in any relationship, along with honesty,trust and unconditional love. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, what a great role model you are! Keep those relationships strong with your nieces and nephews, they are our future and need great guidance! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry,
    It seems to me that you have good postive relationships with all of your family and friends. It appears that you all show love, trust, and commitment to each other. These factors are really important in forming positive relationships that will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete